May marks the beginning of the busiest moving season for Texans, which is also when unscrupulous operators are most likely to take advantage of consumers.
The event highlighted consumer protection legislation and safe moving tips. On social media, you can interact and follow the event by using the hashtag #MoveSafeTX.
• Anne Ferro, Administrator, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
• Linda Bauer Darr, President/CEO, American Moving & Storage Association
• Carrie A. Hurt, President/CEO, Better Business Bureau serving Central, Coastal, Southwest Texas and the Permian Basin
• Whitney Brewster, Executive Director, Texas Department of Motor Vehicle
• John D. Esparza, Executive Director, Southwest Movers Association
• Rogue mover victims will be on hand to share their stories.
• Spanish speakers will be available for media interviews.
• SMA's Pinnacle Movers, an elite group of companies who adhere to high information ethical standards and professional competence, will be on hand with moving trucks for onsite demonstrations of best practices.
• Each group will also have tables to disseminate important moving tips.
View the embedded image gallery online at: